USING ANY PART OF THIS SITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DON'T AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT USE THIS SITE.
- Contacting Us
Contact our legal department if you need to report a Terms of Service violation or ask a question about the Terms of Service.
- "We" and "us" refer to Job Sense.
- "You" and "your" refer to the user who is reading this agreement.
- "Using" Job Sense means accessing, browsing, crawling, scraping, or performing any other activities that connect to or make use of Job Sense in some way.
- The word "content" means data or media in any form, including but not limited to text, photos, graphics, audio, and video.
- "User content" refers to all content submitted to Job Sense or made available by users, collectively.
- "Your content" refers to all content that you submit or make available, including but not limited to reviews, ratings, compliments, information, and invitations displayed as part of your profile.
- "Third party content" refers to all content created or made available by data providers who license data to Job Sense for use on the site, or other parties other than Job Sense or its users.
- "Job Sense content" refers to all content created or made available by Job Sense.
- "Site content" refers to all types of content mentioned above, collectively.
You must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States to use this site. If you use Job Sense as an agent of any business entity, you must be an authorized representative of that business and you agree on behalf of that business to be bound to these Terms of Service. If you do not meet these eligibility requirements or if you do not have the authority to bind your company to these Terms of Service, you must not use this site.
- Permission to Use
We grant you permission to use Job Sense under the restrictions described in these Terms of Service. You may at times be exposed to indecent, offensive, inaccurate, objectionable, and/or content that is otherwise inappropriate. We do not vouch for the accuracy of such content, and we do not encourage or endorse it.
You agree that you will not directly or indirectly encourage or participate in any of these activities:
- Affect natural search results in any way through your use of Job Sense, for example, by keyword spamming.
- Use Job Sense for discriminatory or bigoted purposes.
- Adversely affect the site with excessive network traffic.
- Submit, display, or transmit pornographic or illegal content on Job Sense.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of the site, including user accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the site, using password mining, hacking, or any other illegal or unethical methods.
- Violate Job Sense's Terms of Service or applicable laws.
- Omit or alter any part of Job Sense's copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices on anything you print, copy, or distribute from the site.
- Use Job Sense to stalk, defraud, threaten, harass, or otherwise harm any other person.
- Remove, circumvent, disable, interfere with, or damage any of this site's security features, including but not limited to those that prevent unauthorized copying of site content or those that limit site use.
- Reverse engineer any part of Job Sense, except as permitted under law.
- Use Job Sense or site content to transmit destructive items such as viruses, worms, or Trojan horses (collectively, "viruses").
- Mine site data, or process or record any data about Job Sense or its users.
- Exploit the site or site content (other than your content) through modification, adaptation, reproduction, distribution, translation, trade, sale, or creation of derivative works or adaptations of site content or the site itself.
- Use the site to gain information from minors or harm minors.
- Use Job Sense for commercial or promotional purposes not expressly allowed by our terms of service.
- Use any software or devices to interfere with the proper working order of the site.
- Use Job Sense in any way that might create a conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest, for example, soliciting reviews or trading reviews with other businesses.
- Use the site to identify passwords or security encryption codes, disrupt security, or cause harm to the site or site content.
- Access, index, or scrape this site or any of its content using any automatic or partially automatic method or process as a means to (a) frame or reformat any part of Job Sense, (b) build, develop, or populate a database of business-focused reviews, or (c) take any action that will impose, or, in the site's opinion, may possibly impose an unreasonable load on our systems.
- Use Job Sense in a manner that violates the rights of other users or third parties. Examples include but are not limited to breaching confidence, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, privacy right, moral right, right of publicity or any other right, proprietary or intellectual.
To access certain features of Job Sense, you may need to log in using a Facebook account. You will have to create a Facebook account to access these features if you do not already have one. You agree to keep your account password secure, and you accept responsibility for any activity associated with your account. You agree to notify us immediately if you know or suspect that someone other than you is using your account.
- "Personal Accounts" are those that you use for your own personal, non-commercial purposes. To ensure your credibility as a site contributor, you agree to provide accurate and complete information about yourself when creating your personal account. You may not create multiple personal accounts or provide another person's e-mail address or impersonate another person in any way.
- "Business Accounts" are those that you use solely for representing a business. To create an account for your business, you must be an authorized representative of the business entity, and you must register using a Facebook account. You agree to submit accurate and complete information about yourself and the business when creating your business account. You may not create more than one business account for the same organization or register business e-mail addresses that you do not have permission to register.
- Content and Responsibility
Your content is solely your responsibility. Job Sense bears no liability for your content. You assume any and all risks associated with your content, including but not limited to reliance on accuracy, completeness, or usefulness and disclosures that reveal your identity. You may not imply in any way that your content is endorsed or sponsored by Job Sense. Upon posting content on Job Sense, you represent that you own the posted content or you have permission to use it and to authorize its use for any other purpose.
You may be exposed to liability if (a) your content violates any third-party right, including but not limited to rights involving copyright, patent, trademark, privacy right, publicity right, trade secret, moral right, or any other right, intellectual or proprietary; or (b) your content contains information that is false or intentionally misleading, defamatory information, information containing pornography or hate speech, information that harms or exploits minors, unlawful information, or information that violates or encourages others to violate laws or regulations.
- Content Permissions
You agree that your content may be displayed on Job Sense, incorporated into other works, used for promotion, used to create derivative works, distributed, or used for any other lawful purpose. Others may also do the same in connection with their own websites or media platforms ("other media"). By posting your content or otherwise making it available, you grant irrevocable permission to use your content for any purpose and you consent to waive any moral rights, attribution claims, and assertions for your content. You also agree to grant access to your content to Job Sense and users of other media in connection with their use of the site and any other media.
- Content Uses
You don't own rights or entitlements to compensation for advertisements that run with your content or anywhere else on the site. Advertising mode, manner, and extent are subject to change without notice.
We may remove or reinstate user content at any time and for any reason at our discretion. Specifically, we may remove content that is determined to violate our Terms of Service or that we believe to be inappropriate.
To help distribute content widely and easily, some of the site content (also "feed content") is made available through Atom feeds and Real Simple Syndication (RSS) (collectively, "feeds"). Users may access feeds to display feed content on their websites, computers, handheld devices, or anywhere else provided that (a) such use is personal and not commercial, (b) displayed feeds link back to relevant pages on the site and attribute Job Sense as the source, (c) you do not suggest through use or display of Feed Content that Job Sense endorses or promotes any third-party causes, products, ideas, websites, or services, (d) you do not redistribute the feed content, and (e) Job Sense's systems are not overburdened by your accessing the feeds. We reserve the right to terminate access to any feed at any time and for any reason.
- Unauthorized Access
We strictly and expressly forbid unauthorized access to Job Sense. We reserve the right to exercise any means necessary to prevent unauthorized access, including but not limited to contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP), mapping IP addresses, and using technological or programmatic barriers.
- Third Parties
- You may see links to other websites ("third party sites"). Responsibility for third party content lies with third party sites and not with us. Third party sites are not controlled by, endorsed by, or affiliated with Job Sense.
- Site Availability
We have the right to update, change, or discontinue Job Sense at any time, for any reason, at our discretion, without notice or liability.
- Terminating Your Account
We may, at any time and for any reason or without cause, terminate or suspend your account or ability to use the site without notice or liability. For example, if we suspect that you are involved in illegal activity or you are found to be in breach of these Terms of Service, we may terminate or suspend your account. If your account is terminated or suspended, you may be prevented from accessing your account, your content, the site content, and/or any related data.
Job Sense content elements include interactive features, computer code, products, compilations, visual interfaces, graphics, designs, software, aggregate user reviews and ratings, and all other elements of Job Sense, including user and third-party content. These elements are owned by Job Sense. Changing, distributing, reproducing, publicly displaying, creating derivative works or adaptations, or exploiting the Job Sense content, in whole or in part, is prohibited unless expressly authorized by the site. No express or implied rights are provided to users, other than those provided by these Terms of Service. We retain all rights in and to Job Sense and all site content. Also, all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world ("IP Rights") that are associated with Job Sense in any way, whether with its content or with the site itself, are also owned by the site, except where otherwise noted. These IP Rights are protected by trademark, patent, and trade dress laws, and all applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws.
- Site Enhancements or Suggestions. If you think of ways in which Job Sense could be improved, use our "Contact Us" form. By sending us feedback in any form (for example, suggestions, ideas, requests, or proposals), you certify that (a) Job Sense is under no express or implied obligation to keep the feedback confidential, (b) similar feedback may already be in development or under consideration, (c) your feedback does not contain confidential or proprietary information about third parties, and (d) you grant Job Sense a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, publish, distribute, and sublicense the feedback and all improvements resulting from it.
- Dissatisfaction. To help us continually improve your user experience, we invite you to share negative feedback with us using our Contact Us page. However, terminating your account and discontinuing use of Job Sense is the only way to fully remedy your dissatisfaction.
You agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless Job Sense and all of its parents, subsidiaries, licensors, partners, affiliates, related companies, and suppliers, as well as the directors, employees, officers, agents, and representatives of each of these entities. The terms of this indemnification (hold-harmless) agreement include but are not limited to costs, liabilities, and legal fees from any demand or claim made by a third-party arising from (a) your Terms of Service violation, (b) your access to or use of Job Sense, or (c) any infringement by you or a person using your account of any property, intellectual, or other right of any person or entity. You consent to cooperate with claims as Job Sense, at your expense, reserves the right to assume exclusive defense and control of any matter in which you are required to indemnify us. We will make reasonable efforts to make you aware of any legal claim, action, or proceeding. You may not settle any matter without written consent from us.
- WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMERS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- Job Sense DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY (1) DAMAGES, BE THEY RELIANCE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR INDIRECT, (2) PROFIT LOSS, (3) DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF REPUTATION OF Job Sense OR ANY THIRD PARTY, (4) INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OR (5) INFORMATION OR DATA LOSS.
- ALL LIABILITY FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM YOUR DEALINGS OR COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE BUSINESSES, ADVERTISERS OR USERS ON THE SITE IS DISCLAIMED BY Job Sense. ANY COMMUNICATION WITH THESE ADVERTISERS, BUSINESSES OR USERS IS SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THEM AND WILL NOT BE MEDIATED BY Job Sense; HOWEVER, Job Sense RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MONITOR ANY DISPUTES.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME WARRANTIES, THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE LENGTH OF A WARRANTY. IN THIS CASE, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU FULLY, BUT THEY WILL APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (1) THE AMOUNT PAID TO THE SITE IN CONNECTION WITH Job Sense IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE OFFENDING ACTION OR (2) U.S. $100.00.
- ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE DUE TO THE USE OF THE SITE AND SITE CONTENT IS FURTHER DISCLAIMED BY Job Sense. USE OF THIS SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. ANY RESULTING LOSS OR DAMAGE IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE RESULTING FROM VIRUSES THAT YOU MAY DOWNLOAD DURING YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
- NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE BY Job Sense AS TO (1) SITE OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY, (2) THE IP RIGHTS, SAFETY, USEFULNESS, LEGALITY, QUALITY, COMPLETENESS, INTEGRITY AND ACCURACY OF ANY SITE CONTENT, WHICH INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OF BUSINESS INFORMATION AND REVIEWS LISTED ON THE SITE, AND (3) ANY SERVICES AND/OR PRODUCTS SOLD BY LISTED BUSINESSES. ALL CONTENT CONTAINED ON Job Sense AND THE SITE ITSELF ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. Job Sense DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT WARRANTIES. ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, THAT IS OBTAINED FROM Job Sense SHALL NOT CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
- The Terms of Service contain the entire agreement between you and Job Sense for all instances and types of Site use.
- In the event that any provisions found in these Terms of Service are found to be unenforceable or illegal, those provisions will be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent necessary to make them enforceable and legal.
- This agreement overrides any and all other previous agreements between you and Job Sense.
- Section headings within the Terms of Service are included for convenience only and have no contractual or legal meaning or effect.
- Both parties herein acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any direct or indirect representation contained in these Terms of Service.
- You may not assign, transfer, or sub-license these Terms of Service without Job Sense's written agreement. Any assignment made in violation of these Terms of Service will be void. Job Sense reserves the right to assign or transfer the Terms of Service without restriction.
- These Terms of Service may not be interpreted as authorization of agency, employment, joint venture, or partnership. These Terms of Service do not give you authority to bind Job Sense in any way.
- Either party's failure to exercise, in any respect, any right provided herein will not result in the providing of a waiver.
- Nothing contained in these Terms of Service gives rights or remedies to any third party, except where expressly noted.
- You agree that the State of California will govern any dispute regarding or involving Job Sense without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in San Francisco county, California state, and United States federal courts.
- Job Sense reserves the right to make necessary changes to these Terms of Service. We will notify you of any such changes by posting the revised Terms of Service on this page with a list of changes. Notifications may also be provided to you through e-mail or regular mail, but this is not required. You agree to periodically revisit this page to read all changes. All changes are in effect as of the moment they are posted on this page. All future changes are binding to you through use of this site. By continuing to use Job Sense after we change the Terms of Service, you indicate agreement with all changes.